The Rosenberg Fund for Children is hiring!
We're seeking a a full-time Communications, Online Giving and Database Manager (posted 09/23/20). Download a .pdf of the job posting, which includes a detailed list of key responsibilities, below.
About the Rosenberg Fund for Children: The Rosenberg Fund for Children is a public foundation that provides for the educational and emotional needs of children whose parents have suffered because of their progressive activities and who, therefore, are no longer able to provide fully for their children. The RFC also provides grants for the educational and emotional needs of targeted activist youth. The RFC’s guiding principles are: All people have equal worth. We actively oppose white supremacy, racism, homophobia, misogyny and all other forms of oppression by supporting people and organizations dedicated to eradicating them.; World peace is a necessity; People are more important than profits; and Society must function within ecologically sustainable limits. We are actively trying to live up to these principles in our internal and external work.
We are a very small public foundation (3 full time and one part time staff) with several unique characteristics. First, we are a nonprofit that maintains a special relationship with Rosenberg/Meeropol family members. Second, we support activists and activist organizations, but we are not ourselves a grassroots activist organization. Finally, we are a grant-maker funding targeted progressive families whose grants budget comes mostly from individual donors, supplemented by an endowment. We are currently working remotely until external and internal travel and workplace restrictions that are in place due to Covid-19 are lifted; when it is safe to return to our office, work will be performed in the RFC office in Easthampton, MA Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Job Description: The Communications, Online Giving and Database Manager oversees our online and print communication with our external constituents (chiefly donors, allied organizations, and activist artists) and many of the individuals/businesses who help produce our communication materials (graphic designer, mail processor, printer, online donation service, web host, tech support, etc.). They are also responsible, along with the Executive Director, for oversight of the organization’s donor database, bulk email program, and for all aspects of online and other types of gift processing and acknowledgment. They will work closely with the ED to ensure timely and accurate gift acknowledgment, database needs, email communications, as well as creating/maintaining web content (with support from our web designer). We are interested in exploring the move to a Constituent Relationship Management donor database and are looking for someone with familiarity with our current database systems, experience with CRM database and /or the ability to learn and adjust to new systems to help drive this process.
- You are computer literate and able to manage multiple databases, either based on previous experience or demonstrated capacity to learn such skills quickly (or a combination of the two)
- You enjoy working collaboratively with co-workers on projects, while also working well independently
- You demonstrate emotional intelligence as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- You are familiar with the strategic use of social media to increase impact and advance the mission of an organization or cause
- You have strong organizational abilities, including delegation and prioritization of tasks
- Strongly preferred: You are bilingual in Spanish and English, with ability to conduct written translations
- Strongly preferred: You have public relations experience
- Preferred: You have experience fundraising in a progressive nonprofit setting
Once COVID-related restrictions have been lifted, this position will also involve:
- Ability to attend occasional evening/weekend events including off-site (3-5 times per year)
- Comfort with the shared responsibilities of working in a small office environment, including a willingness to chip in on shared mundane office tasks
- Comfort with public speaking preferred
Salary & Benefits: The starting salary is $50,000 plus generous benefits (including 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and additional sick/personal days as well as health insurance and participation in a retirement plan).
Hours & Start Date: This is a full-time position to be performed in the RFC office in Easthampton, MA Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm, with remote work until external and internal travel and workplace restrictions in place due to Covid-19 are lifted. We hope the new hire will begin before Thanksgiving, exact start date TBD.
Application Process: To apply, please email your cover letter & resume to Jenn Meeropol at email@example.com. We strongly prefer to receive applications via email, but if that is not possible, you can mail them to Rosenberg Fund for Children, Attn: Hiring Manager, 116 Pleasant Street Ste. 348, Easthampton, MA 01027. We hope to complete the hiring process by the end of October, but will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The RFC is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.